This was a year of triplets for our dairy goats. One set was bottle raised, but the other set (which included a very hefty doeling with an equally hefty appetite) stayed with mama to be dam raised. Sadie, the mama of the dam raised kids, had a healthy appetite, but the herbal goat treat, Milk Money, gave her that pep she needed to keep her supply where the demand was.
Abby, the other mama, was a different story. See, I got her as a new first freshener. Neither she nor I had any clue what we were doing. To say there were bumps along the way would be a serious understatement. I began to wonder if I had made a terrible mistake getting goats.
Thankfully we found our groove. Unfortunately, it took me so long to learn how to empty her, her production suffered. We weren’t able to get her back to where she was when she came to me, but using an herbal supplement did get her production to where it was worth devoting the time to milk her.
A Note About Lactation Supplements
Please remember that the goat must be eating well and receiving a proper diet to support lactation, otherwise the body may be depleted. The supplement won’t cause the doe to produce more milk if the doe isn’t healthy. You can use Milk Money during fairs to keep your goat’s milk production going. We used it merely as an aid to help Sadie feed her three hungry babies and get Abby back into the swing of things.
Where can I get Money?
Milk Money is an herbal goat treat made by yours truly. You can buy it here. My girls love them. If you’re interested in other herbal blends we use to supplement our herd holistically, be sure to check out…
- Squirmy Wormy for Natural Worming
- Funk Fixer for Nutritional Boost
- Mineral Mojo for Natural Selenium & Copper Support
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Jessica Lane (see all)
- How to Make Vapor Rub with Essential Oils - March 7, 2018
- Bringing a Barn Cat (or two) to Your Homestead - February 7, 2018
- Creating a Silvopasture to Benefit Your Farm & Goats - January 18, 2018
- Garden Supplies You’ll Want This Season - December 27, 2017
- Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Meals for Dinner - December 23, 2017