I am a firm believer in utilizing the oven as much as possible. I tend to have trouble when it comes to making things on the stove top. There’s just too much room for human error. Have you noticed that on an electric stove top, medium can be anything from #3 to #7? Plus, with a larger family I find it faster to make a lot of traditional recipes inside the stove instead of on the stove. Our most famous oven alternative would have to be oven grilled cheese, but these oven crepes are a hit with the family as well. My kids are always asking for “oven cripes.”
Oven Crepe Recipe
Gather your ingredients. For these oven crepes you will need…
- 1 c. Flour
- 1 c. Milk or Milk Substitute (I like Pacific Food’s Chocolate Hazelnut “Milk”)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1/8 tsp. Vanilla
When I make them for my family of five, I do a double batch. In one batch I add the chocolate hazelnut non-dairy milk from Pacific food because it makes it seem “fancy” with just a bit of Maple Valley Syrup. In the second batch I use ordinary milk, but I dress it up with a fancy topping. Don’t worry, I’ll get back to that in a minute.
Each batch requires two 9″x13″cake pans. Most ovens can fit two easily side-by-side, but if your oven doesn’t, the batter will be fine sitting while the first half cooks.
Heat oven to 400ºF. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in each pan. Mix together the flour, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. When the oven is preheated and the butter is melted in the pans, pour half the batter into each pan. Swirl the pan to get the batter to reach all the edges. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Maple Cream Cheese Filling
Gather your ingredients. For a maple cream cheese filling for your oven crepes you will need…
- 1/2 c. Softened Cream Cheese
- 4 tbsp. Maple Valley Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 2 tbsp. Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Mix all ingredients with a whisk until light and fluffy. While the oven crepe is still laid flat, smooth on a layer of maple cream cheese filling. Roll up the crepe, cut and enjoy.
Before you split, check out these articles
Latest posts by Jessica Lane (see all)
- 5 Reasons You Need Backyard Ducks on Your Homestead - November 8, 2017
- How to Make Tomato Paste Easily in the Oven - September 15, 2017
- Your Guide to Reading and Understanding a Seed Packet - September 12, 2017
- Raspberry Cordial: Recipe Inspired by Anne of Green Gables - September 10, 2017
- Recipe: Goat Milk Shampoo Bars for Healthy Hair - September 1, 2017