Heads up! I link to products and services that I love from time to time. More often than not I have an affiliate relationship with these providers. What does that mean? I might make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more. Thanks for supporting The 104 Homestead. You can see our full disclosure statement here.
Print this raw flax seed crackers recipe and add it to your binder of real food recipes. See the step-by-step instructions and see some other flavor variations here.
- 1 c. Water
- 3/4 c. Flax Seeds brown or golden
- 1/2 c. Chia Seeds
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- 3 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- 3 tsp. Sesame Seeds
- 3 tsp. Onion Flakes
- 3 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 3 tsp. Sea Salt
- Mix together flax seeds, chia seeds, water, and your seasonings. Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Spread your mixture on parchment paper or a ParaFlexx™ sheet as thin as you can without creating holes. If you like uniform crackers, you can score them before putting them into the dehydrator. I personally just break them apart when they are done drying.
- Dehydrate at 105ºF for 8 hours or until dry. I like to flip mine at around 5 hours and if I find the center isn't drying quickly enough, I snap off the edges allowing the center to dry faster.
Latest posts by Jessica Lane (see all)
- Help Livestock Deal with Summer Heat on the Homestead - March 25, 2020
- Litter Box Material for Angora Rabbits That Won’t Get Trapped in Fur - January 27, 2020
- Decadent Triple Chocolate Brownie Recipe - January 17, 2020
- How to Make Vapor Rub with Essential Oils - March 7, 2018
- Bringing a Barn Cat (or two) to Your Homestead - February 7, 2018