Heads up! I link to products and services that I love from time to time. More often than not I have an affiliate relationship with these providers. What does that mean? I might make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more. Thanks for supporting The 104 Homestead. You can see our full disclosure statement here.
This roast maple ham is so delicious and really, so very easy to make. A meal like this is wonderful for Sunday dinners and it’s easy to make lots so there will be leftovers. You can see the whole recipe here.
- 1 ham about 4 pounds
- Whole cloves
- Pure maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your oven on to 350°F.
- Score your ham crosswise in each direction.
- Put the whole cloves in the slits of the ham.
- Put the ham in a large roasting pan; add ½ inch water.
- Pour pure maple syrup on top and brush it in all over the ham. Use as much as you like. Baste a little more on part way through roasting and again at the end when you remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and put it in the oven.
- Roast for about two hours.
- After removing the ham from the oven, let it rest on the counter for about 20 minutes before carving.
Remove the cloves before serving.