Are you like me? Do you hoard mason jars like they’re going out of style. Mason jars are just one of the many things I collect. From time to time I’ve got to come up with some sort of purpose for them, otherwise my husband gets on my case about my collections. Here are ten great mason jar hacks.
UPDATE: One of our craft links was broken, so now we have the original 9 plus a few more!
The Awesome Mason Jar Projects
- Pastel Easter Cakes-In-A-Jar from Mini Baker
- Parmesan Cheese Mason Jar Shaker from Plath’ Adventures
- DIY Mason Jar Herb Garden from One Good Thing by Jillee
- Ball Mason Jar Sconce Light from Robb Restyle
- Oatmeal in Jars: 1 Week of Breakfast in 5 Minutes from The Kitchn
- An Easy DIY Dispenser from One Good Thing by Jillee
- Mason Jar Mini Terrarium from Kerry Michaels on About Home
- Chic Solar Lights from Garden Therapy
- Hanging Mason Jar Vase with Wire Frog from 17 Apart
And here are a few more ideas:
Adorable “Canned Chickens” for Easter from Perky Prepping Gramma.
Bathroom storage jars from Stacey Says. I am planning on using this tutorial with larger jars to put wooden spoons over the stove in the new kitchen.
Decorative jars from Attainable Sustainable that use 3D paint. You could make these for holiday decor!
Learning & Yearning has a neat tutorial for glass etching. She uses wine and beer bottles, but it would look chic with mason jars as well.
And don’t forget, if you use your jars as chick waterers, I’ve finally figured out how to hang them! Check out this post here to find out how.
If you love upcycling as much as I do, I highly recommend checking out the Project Upcycle class on Craftsy. Craftsy offers a wide variety of online classes, but that one was one of my favorites.
Do you have a great hack for your collection? Share your ideas in the comments below!
Before you split, check out these articles
Latest posts by Jessica Lane (see all)
- Indian Chicken Curry - April 24, 2017
- There Are 100 Ways to Milk a Goat – Find the Right Way for You - April 12, 2017
- Homesteading with Children - April 8, 2017
- - April 4, 2017
- Mud & Crafting - April 4, 2017