Think timing your garden schedule correctly, keeping livestock in check, and making all your meals from scratch is a little challenging? Try doing it with kids! Homesteading with children is a wonderful mixture of insanity and satisfaction. It is worth it? Absolutely! Let me share some pearls of wisdom..
Remember, you can join us LIVE on our Facebook Page, Thursdays at noon (Eastern Standard Time).
Homestead Thursdays: Episode 3 – Homesteading With Children
Kelli, this one’s for you! Mason Jar Crafts You’ll Love to DIY – If you’ve got more mason jar craft suggestions, please leave them in the comments for me.
The story of The Homesteader, The Chicken & The Jehovah’s Witness.
Did you know there’s a whole lot you can forage right in your very backyard? Check out Backyard Foraging: Food from Your Yard for a bunch of things to look for.
We will be at Homesteaders of America selling our goat supplements, BiteMe! Herbal Treats.
Homesteaders with kids you’ll want to check out…
- Abigail of They’re Not Our Goats
- Ann of Live the Old Way
- Amy of A Farmish Kind of Life
- Janet of Timber Creek Farm
- Lisa of Murano Chicken Farm
The Rootsy Network
In a mashup of new technology and vintage skills, Rootsy gives you access to skilled craftspeople who are doing the projects you want to learn about. Join us for tutorials, online workshops, ecourses, and more! Learn More
This Week’s Comment
How old are your kids? Did you start homesteading before they were born, while they were still living with you, or after they grew up and moved out?
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Jessica Lane (see all)
- How to Make Vapor Rub with Essential Oils - March 7, 2018
- Bringing a Barn Cat (or two) to Your Homestead - February 7, 2018
- Creating a Silvopasture to Benefit Your Farm & Goats - January 18, 2018
- Garden Supplies You’ll Want This Season - December 27, 2017
- Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Meals for Dinner - December 23, 2017