Heads up! I link to products and services that I love from time to time. More often than not I have an affiliate relationship with these providers. What does that mean? I might make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more. Thanks for supporting The 104 Homestead. You can see our full disclosure statement here.
Homemade Tortillas Recipe
Print this easy homemade tortilla recipe and add it to your binder of real food recipes. See the step-by-step instructions and other recipe “hacks” here.
- 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 c. Water
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Combine flour and salt then mix in water and olive oil. Once it’s combined, plop it on the counter and knead until it’s smooth.
Let the ball of dough rest for about 10 minutes.
Divide dough into 8 equal parts and then roll into something resembling a circle.
Spray skillet or griddle with non-stick spray or this better alternative and cook tortilla for about 1 minute on each side until brown.
While the dough is resting is a good time to prep the rest of dinner.
Hang soft tortillas over the grate on the oven and cook at 375°F for 7-10 minutes to create hard taco shells.
Latest posts by Jessica Lane (see all)
- How to Make Vapor Rub with Essential Oils - March 7, 2018
- Bringing a Barn Cat (or two) to Your Homestead - February 7, 2018
- Creating a Silvopasture to Benefit Your Farm & Goats - January 18, 2018
- Garden Supplies You’ll Want This Season - December 27, 2017
- Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Meals for Dinner - December 23, 2017