Heads up! I link to products and services that I love from time to time. More often than not I have an affiliate relationship with these providers. What does that mean? I might make a small percentage from any purchases you make, but don't worry, you won't pay even a penny more. Thanks for supporting The 104 Homestead. You can see our full disclosure statement here.
Homemade Tortillas Recipe
Print this easy homemade tortilla recipe and add it to your binder of real food recipes. See the step-by-step instructions and other recipe “hacks” here.
- 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 c. Water
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Combine flour and salt then mix in water and olive oil. Once it’s combined, plop it on the counter and knead until it’s smooth.
- Let the ball of dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal parts and then roll into something resembling a circle.
- Spray skillet or griddle with non-stick spray or this better alternative and cook tortilla for about 1 minute on each side until brown.
While the dough is resting is a good time to prep the rest of dinner.
Hang soft tortillas over the grate on the oven and cook at 375°F for 7-10 minutes to create hard taco shells.
Latest posts by Jessica Lane (see all)
- Burn Barrel 101: Why You Need One on Your Homestead - November 24, 2020
- How to Incubate and Brood Coturnix Quail - October 1, 2020
- Can You Freeze Spaghetti Squash? Yes! Here’s How - October 1, 2020
- The Big List of Chicken-Safe Plants for In & Around Your Coop - October 1, 2020
- Help Livestock Deal with Summer Heat on the Homestead - March 25, 2020